Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have fantastic friends

So, last night at my Monday Women's Drive Through Meeting, my peeps just poured the love on me. One gal gave me a check to cover the December Cobra payment. Two others stuffed cash in my hand - and while I was crying, another gal came over to me and said that the day after I told them I'd been fired for insubordination, SHE got fired. For insubordination. I stopped crying because it was so flipping funny.

Okjimm, you're right - plan the days. Network. I'm sending out resumes daily, have been since it happened. I've been talking to everyone, from unemployment to attorneys to travel people - just putting it out there, and it's not just me. I've been looking daily to see if they've started hiring again at the place, and it appears that I was just part of the November/December housecleaning that they do every year. They'll post again in January. It sucks, but oh well.

And it appears that I qualify for the reduction in Cobra payments that Obama signed into law last February: as I am not eligiable for any other kind of health coverage, and have no income, I qualify for an 80% reduction in my payment - so the check my friend gave me will actually cover 3 months of Cobra. Full benefits, too. And if I have to move back to Chicago, I'm willing. Not happy, but willing.

These are tough times. But at least I'm nearly at my goal weight, and my hair looks good, you know? It's all about looking good, not feeling good...

12 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Couldn't agree more with your last line. Do you young people still spice up the appearance with glitter?

Mauigirl said...

Diva, just catching up here, so sorry to hear what you've been going through. Glad your friends came through with such generosity - that's wonderful, and also happy to hear that your Cobra payments will be lower.

I'm sure you'll get something else soon and in the meantime do follow all the excellent advice you've already received! Best wishes to you, sending positive thoughts your way.

robin andrea said...

Great news, diva!

jmsjoin said...

Yeah, Good Luck Diva you will do it!

Live News said...

Hello DivaJood,

We were taking some time today browsing some information for our blog. As we

were searching for news and resources, we landed in your site. We were happy to

see your links page containing resources of relevant categories. We would be glad if

you could provide us a link. Our webpage includes information about dailly news

We update our site on an everyday basis to provide our viewers quality information. If

you provide us a link in your site, it will be benefiting your end users as well as us.

Here is our link information

Title: Current News Updates

URL : http://news-updations.blogspot.com

I request you to add our link to your site from this page. If you have any questions

please feel free to email us and we will respond promptly.
megaanaustin@gmail.com

If u added my link , I will also add your link on my blog

With Regards,
Megaanaustin

Fran said...

Hey diva... just happened to stumble by here & found you back blogging!

Here's a tip-- even if you were fired from a job, you can still file for unemployment.

Check out books in the library- How to win or appeal your unemployment claim.

for instance a change of job description, unfair practices (making you take calls while a co worker chatted away).

One book highlighted a bunch of different cases that were approved.

No harm in trying to apply if all other criteria is met.

Lulu Maude said...

Blessings, Jood. Thinking of you.

Fran said...

Hey Diva~ Just checking in to see how you are doing.
Hope you are finding some work, and or family time/help/support to help ease up on all the heavy lifting.

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Anonymous said...

Diva...where ya' been? Oh well, just popped in to say "Feliz Año Nuevo!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Divajood. I go away for a while and look what happens.

Stay strong, I'll be keeping a good thought for you.

BTW ~ I'm the blogger formerly known as Traveling Man.

Best to you.

Taradharma said...

Diva, it's been awhile since I've been by, and obviously a lot has happened. I so hope that you've had a satisfactory outcome with employment, home, health insurance. I am horror struck: we are all on the edge and I can't imagine that I could pull it together, were I in your shoes.

Sending you love, strength, peace, and a kick ass attitude!

rico said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
Adoption Services