Thursday, July 27, 2006

Richard Durbin: Bolton Filibuster Needs ONLY One More Vote

Steve Clemons writes at The Washington Note On "The Young Turks" Radio Show, Senator Dick Durbin says the Bolton bilibuster needs only one more vote to succeed.

There are about seven weeks left to find that vote, and it is essential that Congress, especially the Democrats, hand Bolton his pink slip and show Bush that he is indeed a lame duck. Otherwise, the Democrats will be seen as truly spineless.

Maybe, after November's mid-terms, we'll have a Congress that will look seriously at impeaching Cheney and Bush. Okay, it's late in the day. I'm dreaming.

9 comments:

JS said...

I'm dreaming along with you. The whole lot needs to go, and unless we get some Dems with a vision and some cajones, it will be more of the same.

Tina said...

I will cross my fingers. I will cross my toes. Hell, I'll even cross my legs. Crazy Yosemite Sam must go! And after we kick his scary-butt out, we can hopefully see testicles and a spine retro-actively grow on the Dems.

DivaJood said...

Myopia, I'm with you - throw all the bums out.

Tina, I love that - Bolton will forever be Yosemite Sam from here on in.

sumo said...

It has a nice ring to it.

Mary said...

Dream on...

DivaJood said...

Sumo, it does. The Dems might really grow a spine.

Mary, hope keeps me getting out of bed in the morning.

billie said...

get on it! call, write, email your congresspeople repeatedly. we have to stop this ogre from being confirmed. his goal is to destroy the un in favor of nato because the un opposes us. please! do it today and spread the word.

Anonymous said...

Vote No for Crazed Sex Swinger and take his wacky pianist with him. Bolton and Condi have got to go.

DivaJood said...

Betmo, absolutely - across the board. We need to make sure Bolton is not confirmed.

Karena, Bush & Cheney have to go too. And Rumsfeld. Rove. All of them. How was vacation?