Saturday, February 24, 2007

Update

Work invades life.

Health issues still waiting for biopsy.

Beanie pictures have to wait til I go visit her for her birthday.

Work: a high class problem, in that I have been exceptionally busy. All good. New clients, returning clients, and interesting vacation plans for all. Young honeymooners on a budget, and I am happy to be able to help them. Africa trips. Intersting Australia & New Zealand trips. Great cruises.

And then my work computer crashed. Yes. Died, but was brought back to life yesterday and turned on its side. Don't send flowers, send backup discs.

Health: Grrrrrr.

Beanie: She is so chatty - she can say all kinds of two syllable words, like bubble, doggie, cookie, Ah-m, Nemo, but she can't (or won't) say things like fish. No, she says ball, and NO, and hi, and bye. She has about 80 words, the rest is her special language, but she is quite the personality. Three weeks til I see her next. I will take hundreds of photos.

And that is why I haven't been posting much, or visiting at all. Actually, the health is getting me down. I need the biopsy before meds can be perscribed, and the biopsy is still not scheduled. I begin nagging on Monday. I have definately got PBC, which can be treated after this biopsy; and Fibromyalgia, which just gets managed by diet and exercise; and the arthritis in my back has progressed from mild to moderate.

ME ME ME ME ME.

I will be better about visiting, I swear.

9 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

When my body betrays me, I get so angry with it. I am slowly learning to be kinder and accepting that the robust good health I have always enjoyed and taken for granted may not follow me into old age. Bah! Take care and treat yourself to lots of goodness.

billie said...

take care of yourself- if you don't have your health- does the rest matter? nag, nag, nag- because if you don't no one will!! the doctors and who not will not care one way or the other- you nag them!!!

robin andrea said...

Thanks for the update on what's going on with you. I wish your health news were better. Definitely nag those doctors. Get that biopsy. I feel like calling them up and yelling at them for you. I can be very, very bitchy.

My body has been letting me down too. I pushed it too hard, digging a big hole in the yard for a transplanted lilac, and then spent the rest of the week recuperating. Grrr. How will I make it through spring? There's so much work to be done. Oy.

Wishing you the very best.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I should be corresponding with Beanie, since our vocabularity has the exact same numer of words. Then again, she could find my slowness objectionable. Your bad news were appreciated, especially, when they turned out to bee a lot better news than yours truly had convinced himself. I miss your voice, though!

Tree said...

I was happy to see you had posted something as I was a bit worried! Doctors are buttheads by the way, and I'm sorry you have to deal with all that aggravation. Yoga is a big help for arthiritis and fibromyalgia.

Unknown said...

I feel like a louse for not visiting/emailing you more often, Jood!! I didn't realize you were ailing. I have another friend with fibromyalgia and that's bad enough! Damn.. I hope you get your meds soon and I hope you get better. My best thoughts and wishes are with you. Love you!!!!!

DivaJood said...

Peacechick, this is the only thing I don't like about being middle aged. I still think like I'm 30, why can't the body act like it's 30?

Betmo, and here's the vicious circle: I've been so busy at work that I've not had time to call the doctor - let alone keep up with all y'all - grrr.

Robin Andrea, digging is a real thing - and that can really screw up your back. Take care, and do gentle stretches. Oddly, oranges help break up lactic acid.

Pekka, you are hilarious.

Tree, thank you, and I love my yoga class. That has been really helping me. But I do lack patience.

Helen, I need to come up and play with Phoebe and Buttercup. I almost got a dog two weeks ago, but she had already been adopted. There were two, one was a lab/shep mix (adopted). The other was a german shepard/something else mix who was gorgeous, and would not stop kissing me. But he was a boy dog, and huge. It would not have been fair to him to live in my too small for a doggie condo. I followed up, though, and he was adopted out.

TFLS said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, honey. I know what that's like - especially waiting on a biopsy. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

Unknown said...

DivaJood, you can play with my pups any time!! Butter just got spayed yesterday so she's a bit under the weather. She is a complete darling. If you want, I will keep an eye out for the perfect dog for you. I surf the shelters all the time. I think a Shiba Inu would be perfect for you. They are quirky, cute and I am so enamored of the breed it's scary! Also Jindos are really great. Both are playful and adapt to apartment life really well. They are both asian breeds (I'm such a fan of the asian breeds - Japanese and Korean and Chinese: Akita, Jindo, Shiba Inu, Chow, Ainu, etc. But pit mixes are the sweetest!