Monday, December 31, 2007

Fiber Retreat in New Zealand

Here's a thought: A creative retreat in New Zealand for knitters, or fiber artists of all kinds. Space is limited to ten, but they offer three dates. Cost is not bad, either, about $1600 USD for the five days plus airfare.

Day 1
Arrive, meet the staff and tour the factory
At the Mill House classroom with Jo Reeve learn secrets of carding, building a rainbow, and blending fibres
Home stay for dinner
Evening party.

Day 2
Mill House classroom with Cindy Begg learn wool classing, and novelty spinning
Home stay for dinner
Pedicure and massage pampering.

Day 3
Back Country Adventure
Arrive Inverary Station and watch musterers and shearers at work then board 4-wheel drive vehicles to go across country for lunch in a musterer’s hut
On the journey home view the agate jewellery and woodland garden at Rangiatea farm and the alpacas at Homestead farm.

Day 4
Mill House classroom with Priscilla Lowry learn about silk, creating luxurious yarns and dyeing techniques
Home stay for dinner
Illustrated talk on silk and the world of the Geisha.

Day 5
Mill House classroom with Rowena Hart using your beautiful yarns weave a fashion garment.

Take home new skills, new experiences, the warmth of new friendships and a fibre adventure you will never forget!

6 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

Diva, I don't even knit & this sounds good to me. can't go wrong with NZ. Wishing you & your family a joyous new year!

Larry said...

I don't know anything about knitting but it sounds nice to me.

Happy New Year!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I'd just like to thank you for being here, and having this blog. But most of all, thank you for just being you! Happy New Year to you and yours.

enigma4ever said...

I am all fingers trying to knit ...but I love anything wool, or fiber....llama..sheep it doesn't matter...I would love to do this..thanks for giving us a New Years Eve Treat....

I hope that this year is better....I wish you and yours a very happy New Year....

robin andrea said...

Ah, so this is where you've been! Sounds delightful. Happy New Year, divajood.

DivaJood said...

Happy New Year everyone.

DK, I knit, but not well. This would be a great trip to learn more, and New Zealand is amazing.

Larry, you could LEARN to knit.

Future, thanks, you are sweet.

Enigma, I hope this year is better for us all!

Robin, no, I haven't been in New Zealand. I've been in LA, just feeling sad. When my friend Meri died in July, it just really knocked me over. She was a true sister to me. Happy New Year.