Friday, April 28, 2006

Morning thoughts

Joined Grandmothers for Peace. It's strange only because I feel too young to be a grandmother. But I have this gorgeous 1 year old granddaughter, and I want her to grow up in a world of peace. I want her to be alert, awake, and aware of what she can do to contribute to a greater good. She is the love of my life, and I want the world for her.

On the other hand, I joined Big Brass Alliance and can't quite figure out how to put the logo onto my sidebar, so I feel like an old fogey. I know I'm missing something simple, but can't quite figure out what I'm doing incorrectly. Sigh. So I emailed for technical support. When in doubt, ask for help.

Found out yesterday that I'm not going to go to Australia in June for ATE -- I'm okay with this, as I went last year. And I'm going in September. Bhutan in November. Maybe The Baltics in July, probably not. My passport is at the ready though, and I can pack in a hurry. Nothing like a good adventure to make me happy!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am so with you on the Grandma thing. I called a cop this am because the lady on the next street over's dachsund had been barking non-stop for 3 hours. The cop was so cute! But alas, I am old enough to be his mama at least. *sigh*

DivaJood said...

I hear you Sue. Last night I was at dinner with friends at "Eat at Joe's" (I swear to god, I am SURE The Folksmen have eaten there) in Redondo Beach. There was a table full of firemen. And man, those boys are hunks. Sigh.

Sue said...

OOO! Susie loves firemen!!