Saturday, December 06, 2008

Prop 8 - The Musical

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die


Credits: Conceived and Written (six weeks later than he shoulda) by-Marc Shaiman Directed and Staged by: Adam Shankman Produced by Adam Shankman, Marc Shaiman and Mike Farah Edited by Bradly Schulz and Drew Antzis Cast (in order of appearance) California Gays and The People That Love Them Jordan Ballard, Margaret Cho, Barrett Foa, J.B. Ghuman, John Hill, Andy Richter, Maya Rudolph, Rashad Naylor, Nicole Parker Proposition 8'ers and The People That Follow Them Prop 8 Leader- John C. Reilly Prop 8 Leader's #1 Wife- Allison Janney Prop 8 Leader's #2 Wife- Kathy Najimy Riffing Prop 8'er-Jenifer Lewis A Preacher- Craig Robinson Scary Catholic School Girls From Hell-Rashida Jones, Lake Bell, Sarah Chalke The Frightened Villagers Katharine "Kooks" Leonard, Seth Morris, Denise "Esi!" Piane, Lucian Piane, Richard Read, Seth Redford, Quinton Strack, Tate Taylor, Brunson Green Jesus Christ Jack Black A Very Smart Fellow Neil Patrick Harris Piano Player Marc "Marc" Shaiman ---- Co-Choreographer: Anne "Mama" Fletcher Recorded and Mixed by Frank Wolf & Greg Hayes Director of Photography: Michael Barrett Camera Operators: Jake Szymanski, Bradly Schulz and Drew Antzis Production designer: Nelson Coates Costume designer: Shanna Knecht Costume assistants: Leslie Schilling, Annalisa Adams, Elizabeth Abate Hair: Laura Sanchez Make-up: Shauna O'Toole, Atticuss Sharp Production sound: Bradford Craig Music editor: Lisa Jaime Music assistant: Brian Naguit Snacky: "Snacky" Special Thanks to Adam McKay for the nudge

28 comments:

themom said...

When I posted this same video the other day, I could not watch it enough. I was laughing so hard, then I got pissed at the "powers that be" that bought Prop 8.

Utah Savage said...

I haven't posted it but have been tempted since I too like to watch it over and over.

I hope your doing well. Happy, healthy, and we know you're wise. Smooch to you and the Secretary of Strawberries.

Anonymous said...

I saw pieces of this over the last few days, but this is really funny. I particularly liked Neil Patrick Harris's character as he sings the pragmatic reasons to vote against Prop 8. It;s sad that an economic argument against even needs to be made.

Unknown said...

Dearest Diva...I have been forced to tag you with the latest version of the Splotchy story virus. You can find it here:

http://abriefsecond.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-response-to-utahs-memethe-splotchy.html

My seldom used blog. ;) Hugs and hope your doing better.

Vigilante said...

I heard the Tribune and the Cubs are declaring bankruptacy. Anything to it?

Agi said...

Yeah, it makes you wonder...where were all these people two months ago?

Unknown said...

This has been traveling the blogs. I haven't posted it because so many other people already have.

But I do have my daughter's wedding pictures taken at San Francisco City Hall, if you want to take a look!

Alicia Morgan said...

I laughed. But I'm still pissed as hell.

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! Just checking in with the winners, to see what's going on at your place. Also, I'd like to tell you 2 important things. First, please don't miss my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow...you can contribute to the legend of the Superior Scribler by helping us out! Also, I've been nominated for a pretty neat education blog award. You can vote for me, the Original Superior Scribbler, by visiting my place and clicking on the EduBlog icon. Thanks so much, and hope you visit soon!

D.K. Raed said...

you've been awfully quiet. everything OK?

Stella by Starlight said...

I'm an embarrassed Californian: I actually donated time to stop Prop 8. I'm still angry. Before the election, Trophy Hubby and I saw the awesome Margaret Cho on her Beautiful tour. She had a great clip on her blog.

Stella by Starlight said...

LOL, forgot something—Hi Diva!

Distributorcap said...

just checking in on you

Dianne said...

I'm checking in too. Miss you.

Utah Savage said...

I'm here too, worried. We are all worried. We miss you.

themom said...

Wuzzup...we miss you! Hope your Holidays are good.

Fran said...

Thinking good thoughts for you. Your cyber pals miss you!

enigma4ever said...

It's Christmas Weekend...I hope you are okay...have been thinking about you..wondering if you are in Chicago and how you are .....take care..many hugs....and I hope the holidays have been good to you ...

Stella by Starlight said...

What do I think? I think I miss you. Happy holidays. I'm thinking about you.

Utah Savage said...

Happy New Year Darling.

susan said...

May all be well with you now and in the coming New Year.

Missy said...

Bless you, dear, and Happy New Year.

Fran said...

Thinking good thoughts for you Jood ~ hoping to hear a little update on how you are doing.
We love Ya!

Mary Ellen said...

Just saw this video yesterday at one of my old French blog haunts.

Looks like you've been out of touch for awhile, hope all is well.

Utah Savage said...

I keep looking in on you. I hope you're well.

Randal Graves said...

You finally decided to try interstellar travel, didn't you.

Lulu Maude said...

Just checking in. Love you, kiddo.

Stella by Starlight said...

Diva Jood, where are you? Are you OK? Your blog fans miss you. Hope all is well.