Tuesday, May 16, 2006

email is down

It's the strangest thing. How did we ever live without email and cell phones? My email has been down since yesterday, and they have no idea when it will be fixed. Outage is in California and Arizona. I feel isolated, and in reality that's far from the truth.

But it begs the question: are we too connected? Cell phones; instant messageing; email; text messaging -- we're never out of touch. We have very little down time, very little time to listen to the silence between thoughts.

2 comments:

Alicia Morgan said...

I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was while my internets were down! Although I do not need or want to be accessible to the world 24/7, I'm so distrustful of the 'information' from tha MSM that if I can't get my news on the web I feel as though I don't know what's going on in the world...

I personally do not enjoy being expected to be available 24/7 to anyone. I use my answering machine. A lot.

DivaJood said...

Hey, Alicia! It is peculiar, isn't it? I worked at one travel agency and the manager gave out my home and cell phone number to an awful client without my permission -- they called me 24/7 -- I had to change numbers!