Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Republican has converted parties

A friend of mine has been a Republican all her life: her parents were Republican; her brothers were Republican; she just always did what her family did. And she has preferred to not "get involved" -- her choice has been to remain in a secluded bubble. Over the last five years she's listened to me, and watched my responses to issues, and asked a lot of questions. A lot of questions.

We meet for dinner on Tuesdays and tonight she said "I think I'm switching parties to be a Democrat. Have you heard about Al Gore's documentary?" I was so happy to hear this, so I told her about the
  • Army Men Project

  • -- she got so excited, she started to suggest locations, and ideas for slogans ("I want to see my family again" was particularly good). Then she said she'd like to put some of her own soldiers around. From asleep Republican to quiet activism. What a good day!

    No comments: