Friday, April 28, 2006

How Bush & Company got away with it

This is a quote from Nazi leader Herman Goering: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

I believe that this administration allowed the attacks of September 11, 2001, to happen because it would be all they needed to put their war agenda in place. September 11, 2001, put America to sleep, made most of us unwilling to take a stand in oposition to an immoral war fueled only by our addiction to oil, greed, and insanity.

We have to wake up, we have to wake up, we have to wake up. More and more of us are finding our voice. Let's honor those killed on September 11, and since, by standing up and saying NO to Bush & Company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jood, Alicia turned me on to your blog. Great work, and rest assured, you have a whole lot of new friends now. Don't worry about the technical difficulties, the blog looks great and soon you will have all the glitches figured out.

Funny you wrote this story. I just posted a comment on another blog. The blog, American Street, (great blog that I occassionally contribute too!) had a theory that Bush had so empowered al-Qaeda by invading Iraq that the only way they could stay in power and continue to grow would be to hit us again. Anyway, I said sure, we'll get hit again, but it will be by Cheney and his henchmen, or they will just look the other way and let it happen while Porter Goss ties himself up chasing prostitutes around the Watergate Hotel!

YOu are not the only one who believes this cabal is capable of anything.

Take care and keep on blogging!

Anonymous said...

Jood, if you can make heads or tails of my last comment, you are one bright person indeed! I meant that al-Qaeda could continue to grow only if Bush is in power.

DivaJood said...

Hey Karena
Thanks! This is a whole new way to reach out, and sometimes, it just boggles my little brain.

On Sept. 11, 2001, I was out for a morning walk before work. I lived near LAX, and the first several planes that had taken off turned around and landed. I drove to work stopping at the post office -- hadn't turned on the news, was totally clueless. Walked into the post office to buy stamps, and the clerk told me that the World Trade Center had collapsed.

Went to the office, and we got a call from one of our friends at Qantas. One of the sales reps, and a good friend of mine was on AA11, the first plane that hit the first tower. As the day unfolded, I had a sinking sick feeling that the ONLY reason four planes had been successfully hijacked was because this administration turned its head and allowed it to happen. In my heart, I hold them responsible for the murder of all those good people. I hold them as responsible as the people who planned and carried out these attacks.

We armed Sadaam Hussein under Reagan and Bush 1; we armed and trained the Taliban under Reagan and Bush 1. And you are absolutely right, the only reason al-Qaeda is growing is because Bush is in office. (I really did know what you meant!)

If Osama bin Laden were really the target, we would have had him by now.

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks this way.