Saturday, January 20, 2007

This is for Donnie McDaniel

Game day is Sunday, Jan. 22 Bears vs NOLA Saints. And, I confess, if Rex Grossman doesn't learn to plant his feet in the next 24 hours, I fear that my beloved Bears will go home.

But nevertheless, I bleed Black and Orange, I hope the Bears kick butt tomorrow, and so I sing with full voice:


Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Make every play, clear the way to victory!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation
With your T-formation

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
And let them know why you're wearing the crown!

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,
Chicago Bears, Bear Down!!


Anonymous said...

Oh no you didn't!!!!! After this weekend, you will have a broken heart.

Peacechick Mary said...

Good luck to you and da Barsssss!

Donnie McDaniel said...

Who Dat?????

Pursey Tuttweiler said...

In a spirit of fun and competition, I must say, Go Saints. Drew Brees grew up in my school district. (I mean, I paid for his schooling through my taxes, I am too old to go to school with the boy.) I must support
The Saints, an incredible team that has survived Katrina, a Drew Brees, my hometown boy. Go Saints!!!!!

karena said...

The famous Dallas Cowboys football coach who was famous for wearing a hat was Tom Landry.

DivaJood said...

We're going to the Super Bowl!

And, just to make a bit of history, Lovie Smith, Bears Head Coach, is the first African American Head Coach to take a team to the Super Bowl. It could not happen to a nicer man.

THANKS Karena. Tom Landry. Of course.