Sunday, April 29, 2007

California for $82 a Day


Always on the cutting edge, California offers options that the rest of the nation can only dream about.

For example, The Santa Ana Jail is pleased to host a full range of alternatives to traditional incarceration. Our offerings include weekends in jail, non-linear jail sentences, and a variety of work release options. Our philosophy is designed to allow our clients to serve their obligations to the court in a manner that respects them as human beings and permits them to continue to provide for themselves and their families.

The experience, according to Nicole Brockett, is akin to being in a five star Hilton Hotel. “It’s clean here,” she said, perched in a jail day room on the sort of couch found in a hospital emergency room. “It’s safe and everyone here is really nice. I haven’t had a problem with any of the other girls. They give me shampoo.”

Well, I am a travel professional, and this is really good to know. I wonder if they pay commission to travel agents?

5 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

For $82 a day, I think this is a steal. I'll bet people in other countries will come here just to get arrested. This reminds me of 3rd world countries.

sumo said...

LOL!

Pursey Tuttweiler said...

I like the color scheme. Looks like a fresh tomato in that bowl. Not bad.I may go for a little R and R.

robin andrea said...

Why do they still call it jail? It sounds like a vacation. Maybe they should be called Hotel California: You can check-in any time you like, but you can never leave.
Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin’ it up at the hotel california
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

Lulu Maude said...

I saw that in the NYT, too. Interesting that they're all located in Orange County.

I was born and raised in OC... of course they'd cater to the well-heeled naughtyperson.