Saturday, April 14, 2007

What are you doing at 1PM on May 13th?




I will be Standing for Peace at the Korean Friendship Bell overlooking Point Fermin and the Pacific Ocean in San Pedro, California.

Please stand with us for five minutes of silence at 1 p.m. your local time on May 13, 2007, in your local park, school yard, gathering place, or any place you deem appropriate. We ask you to invite the men who you care about to join you. We ask that you bring bells to ring at 1 p.m. to signify the beginning of the five minutes of silence and to ring again to signify the end of the period of silence. During the silence, please think about what you individually and we collectively can do to attain this world. If you need to sit rather than stand, please feel free to do so. Afterwards, hopefully you and your loved ones can talk together about how we can bring about this world. (Big thank you to Peace Chick Mary for alerting me to this.)
cross posted at The Kommandos Project, The Katrinacrat, and The Fat Lady Sings

12 comments:

Pursey Tuttweiler said...

I will be in the park standing with you for peace.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Thanks for putting it up on the Kommandos Project. I'll need to think of a creative way to work the army men in. Most of them are the silent type anyway.

Mariamariacuchita said...

I stand with you, Jood. Will you please cross-post this at thepeacetrain.org in forums?

DivaJood said...

MariaMaria, I am unable to log into the Peace Train. I've had this problem since the get-go, so as much as I would love to cross-post, I can't get on! I've emailed to find out the problem.

Anonymous said...

OT…and please pardon the interruption.

Congrats on joining The Fat Lady Sings crew. I will highlight her fab blog on my 2Xs per/week (sun & wed) CommunitySpeak post and it will include a link to your blog.

robin andrea said...

That's great, May 13th is Mother's Day and my birthday! So, my mom is coming up for a visit. I think she'll be so happy to stand for peace with Roger and me. Thanks for the info.

Donnie McDaniel said...

WOW!! Something is gonna happen on one of my days off? I'm shocked!

Peacechick Mary said...

Where shall we meet? Is there a shady forest, or a field of wild flowers or a sunny beach with gentle waves curling onshore? Tell me and I'll meet you there - in my mind. Would you like to be the coordinator of our Peace stand in mind?

sumo said...

Maybe if Dusty is up to it we can come to San Pedro and join in. I'll ask her.

Coffee Messiah said...

Thanks for the heads up!

A few more of these in the US and more protests should nail the coffin for this less than admirable administration......

DivaJood said...

Pursey, I know you will be in the Park standing for peace! We all need to visualize each other. I swear.

Kvatch, the Kommandos Project is not over, by any means. I'll bring some soldiers.

MariaMaria, I had to get re-logged into Peace Train, and submitted the post.

Mirth, thank you! TFLS is a favorite of mine, and I'm honored to be part of it.

Robin Andrea, happy birthday in advance. And I am glad your mother will stand for peace with you and Roger.

Donnie, now you know what to do on your day off, I'm just saying.

Peacechick, I will be standing (possibly with Sumo and Dusty) overlooking the Pacific Ocean, due south, at the Korean Friendship Bell. Where will you be standing? And I would love to CO-Coordinate the Standing for Peace in our Minds with you!

Sumo, I hope you two can come down here! That would be great.

Coffee Messiah, from your mouth to Congress's ears, is all I'm saying.

Pursey Tuttweiler said...

I have the vision in my mind, Diva, and it's going to be great. We will all be together, the peaceful souls of the universe, visualizing a better world. We can make it happen.