Friday, April 13, 2007

The Fat Lady Sings goes group

The Fat Lady Sings has become a group blog and below is TFLS description of the choir:

Missouri Mule has this to say about herself: "You don't have to do diddly-squat to get older---matter of fact, you can't even avoid that; but getting smarter---now, that can be a bitch if you try to go it alone. Life is in a constant state of flux, that's for sure. One day you're a cute girl shyly shopping for your first real plug-in vibrator, and before you know it, your kids are grown, your mother lives with you, and you walk through the kitchen one day and there she sits with your vibrator, working on a crick in her neck.


I don't want to be one of those pitiful old ladies who sit in the corner nibbling on small bits of paper, never joining in any activities, never receiving visitors, never sleeping with the male residents. Nosirree, not me. I plan to be exactly like I am right now---only a whole lot older and smarter. People will be fighting to get into my nursing home, wanting to come before they're even old enough to be there. I think I've learned a thing or two in my sojourn. As usual, I'm just gonna lay it all out here and let you be the judge. I'm I pushing the edge of the envelope? I hope so; but I know, by gawd, I am at least getting to the sticky part! It will eventually come down, as it usually does, to the age-old plea of "’Lordy, help us all!’"


Next let me introduce you to T.B., or Teebs as she is affectionately known. T.B. describes herself as a mid 30s refugee from corporate America whose life is currently changing faster than she can keep up. She and her husband recently relocated to southwest Florida and are expecting their first child at any moment (and she does mean any moment!). Teebs writes about everything under the sun over at her home blog, Soul Gardening. T.B. has one of those special voices – passionate, introspective - dead honest. In laying bare her own soul she speaks to ours – and in profound ways. There’s a poem by Wordsworth that always reminds me of her: “A violet by a mossy stone half hidden from the eye; Bright as a star when only one is shining in the sky.” I think you will all enjoy T.B.’s inherent luminosity.


Oldwhitelady (or O.W.L.) has what I would call a rather wry sense of humor. Intelligent, articulate - she always makes me smile – and I thoroughly enjoy her no frills take on life and politics. A natural artist – O.W.L.’s métier seems to be comedy, entertaining all and sundry writing a series of delightful shorts over at The Practical Press. As a matter of fact, she’s been nominated for several Practical Press awards this year, and I say it’s about damn time! O.W.L.’s home blog is It's Morning Somewhere.

The Culture Ghost and I have been blogging friends almost since I began writing. We share a love of gardening, theatre, film and politics. He refers to himself as anarchic, misanthropic and somewhat scattered – but I see him in more iconoclastic terms. Culture Ghost doesn’t pull any punches. He will make you sit up and take notice – that I guarantee! Expect any and everything. Culture Ghost is a formidable intellect wrapped around a sensitive soul. He always goes straight to the heart of any matter. If you are not now familiar with his work, you are in for a treat!

Sumo is rather a rare bird. She speaks in images as well as words. In fact – her selections of cartoons and photographs are famous for not only their entertainment value – but their cutting edge as well. Along with her own blog Sumo Merriment, Sumo contributes to The Blue Republic. We are lucky she agreed to add her unique voice to our mix. Combining intellects is rather like cooking, you know (an analogy Sumo will appreciate). Adding just the right amount of spice always enhances the flavor. I can assure you Sumo provides the added kick to any combination!


Rounding out our choir is Diva Jood. Jood says she walks a fine line between being reserved and being a bit of a tornado. I would say that describes her right down to a ‘T’. Power and grace all wrapped up in a delightful package of intelligence, intuition and warmth. Journey’s With Jood takes on politics in a very human way – how our elected officials choices and decisions affect all of us – for good and ill. Never strident - Jood speaks truth to power in measured tones – but her passion, heart and commitment to the truth always shine through.




And there we have it – The Fat Lady Sings choir of voices. I am honored to be a part of the choir, especially since I cannot carry a tune if it had handles. But no worries, I'm typing.

XXOO

8 comments:

Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Diva,
I love her description of you, it is right on target. You are able to express yourself without being strident, even when writing about the most distressing circumstances like war and global warming. I am glad you are part of this team. Congratulations.

robin andrea said...

Wow. Congratulations for being a member of such a fine team. Good luck with it.

Peacechick Mary said...

This is a super team! I think you will all compliment one another very well.

DivaJood said...

It's going to be fun, that's for sure.

TFLS said...

Welcome, dear heart! What an adventure we will have!

Thorne said...

This sounds so exciting!! I'm dashing straight (well... never straight for me- I'll wander over upon a wiggly path) and pick up a feed. Any group blog that includes Diva will be a worthwhile read, I'm sure!

sumo said...

Aren't we the lucky ones?

DivaJood said...

Sumo, you know it! What a trip this is going to be.