Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New Holiday: Bushtemberfest

Steve, at The Opinion Mill has created a new holiday: Bushtemberfest, aka The Festival of Fatal Fuckups. He says it is a chance to celebrate the non-accomplishments of George W. Bush, the first president to let one major American city be devastated by terrorists and allow another one to drown, all within the space of a few years. The observance will start with the anniversary of the flooding of New Orleans and climax with the anniversary of the destruction of the World Trade Center, during which time we will pray — loudly and publicly — that no other disasters befall us while we await the blessed day that King George and his menagerie of religious hucksters, corporate bandits and ideological grifters get their eviction notice.

I'm so ready to celebrate, that I think I'll use the word "Appease" all day, working it into every sentence I can. Go over and read his post, but I'm telling you, it's on.

12 comments:

Frederick said...

Fall, the season of Republican'ts...

Tina said...

Rock.... I'm so on this... in fact, I believe that proper invitations need to made up and sent out so all can celebrate.

billie said...

my knid of guy :)

billie said...

my kind of guy- not knid- that's something out of willy wonka :)

Kim Tyler said...

Now there's a holiday I can really get into! That eviction notice can't come a moment too soon for my satisfaction.

DivaJood said...

Oh, Fred, that's a good one: Republican'ts. That appeases me avery much.

Tina, appease makes some of those invitations!

Betmo, appease don't apologize for typos!

Sigrid Jardin, Appease, from your mouth to god's ears!

Glenda, that would appease us all!

enigma4ever said...

Tis the Appeasin Season.....thanks for the heads up...
( I hope you saw Keith's Commentary tonite- he rocked and it was all about Unappeasement....)

sumo said...

I'm appeased with it if you are appeased. That makes us all appeased then.

DivaJood said...

E4E, I didn't see television at all last night - I was shopping for appeasing dress to wear to an awards function.

Sumo - appease porridge hot, appease porridge cold,
appease porridge in the pot
nine days old.

Someone appease stop me soon.

pissed off patricia said...

Why all this talk lately about peas? A peas what? A pea's a pea.

DivaJood said...

POP, appease, you've just told me a groaner. I think you are cut off. No more martoonies for you this morning, I think.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Karena is here, offering episiotomies on the house for all members of the house of Shrub during Bushtemberfest, and that includes the males! Get your free anesthesia-free epsiotomy from the nation's leading episiotometer!