Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Montreal Wedding



First, thanks everybody for the well-wishes. It was a great mini-vacation, not work-related in any way, shape or form. I had a ball.

The groom, my cousin, is a really nice young man. He's quite intelligent, as is his bride; they are a pair of liberals, with strong political opinions. One of the guests was from the Illinois State House (a Democrat). Everyone was in a state of shock about the outcome of the French election - with murmurings of "fix" running through the group. Someone wondered if the French were using Diebold machines to count votes.

Anyway, my cousin also follows directions from the bride, her family and the Wedding Planner. The cake was gorgeous (not the one shown) - and when the time came to cut it, the WP told my cousin to cut into the bottom layer. He began - it would not give. His bride began to help. They sawed away, and finally, they cut into STYROFOAM. She fell on the floor laughing - the Wedding Planner ran over and said "NO, the bottom layer of CAKE, NOT THE BASE!" It was hilarious.

Montreal is a beautiful city - we walked at least five miles each day exploring. It is France, only closer. I feel like I've renewed.

4 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

I love Montreal!

Donnie McDaniel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Tina said...

Happy you had a wonderful time.... and I spent an entire spring season in Quebec (Loretteville to be exact) as an exchange student and the family I stayed with had family in Montreal. I loved it when they visited those in-laws!

robin andrea said...

Sounds like a delightful time. It's lovely when family gathers, and there is political harmony too!