Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One Million Blogs For Peace

Describe the political and governmental format for Iraq that you feel gives Iraq its best chance at long-term peace.

What do you see as potential pitfalls of other systems?




This is an interesting topic raised by One Million Blogs For Peace for today's Tuesday Topics. My question is this: how can I, with my Western mind, presume to know what is best for a Muslim country? I know that there has to be some kind of acceptance between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims - they need to stop hating each other. But the reason we invaded Iraq in the first place was because King George presumed to know what was best for Iraq.

We can't presume to know. Or, at least, I can't.

If you haven't joined One Million Blogs For Peace, go do it now. Mention my name, you'll get a good seat.

5 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

Right on that one. I think it is highly arrogant of any of us to tell them what to do. I do think if we put George,Dick and Rummy in jail, that would show them we have some order here ourselves.

Anonymous said...

jood, you have the right of it. Tolerance is the footprint I'd like to leave as I walk through the sand.

Donnie McDaniel said...

Right on DivaJood. To presume is to usher in failure.

Tina said...

I checked out the One Million site and I have one reason for not signing on: Given how difficult it is for me to blog everyday now that I had the baby, I would hate to agree to blog about the Tuesday topics and not be able to fulfill that promise on a weekly basis. What should I do, oh wise Diva?

DivaJood said...

Tina, you sign up and blog when you can. Li'l Man and Baby Girl are your first concerns; blogging is not your first priority. Still, sign up, and blog when you can.

Donnie, thanks.

Glenda, that's the only foodprint we should leave.

PeaceChick, from your mouth to the Judicial Committee's ears - Congress needs to act fast.