Thursday, October 19, 2006

Read this post

We stand at a distinct turning point, politically, ethically, morally, socially, environmentaly. I read a beautiful post at BluePRintX that Tony Bridge wrote specific to the environmental crisis that I urge everyone to read, and participate in.

He begins: "Imagine a world without hatred and fear. Imagine a world where people lived together, working for the common good, in tune with and respectful of the planet, aware of the amazing biosphere on which we stand and determined to allow it to continue, to allow it to support us."

And to this I say, unless we reverse the damage we are doing to our earth, there will be no earth to wage war over. The circle goes round and round, but eventually comes home to me. The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.

5 comments:

Lew Scannon said...

I've been thinking a lot about sustainability lately, mainly because I don't hear it coming from either side. We need to reverse our consumptive ways that have made our country like a giant cancerous tumor on the planet as five percent of the global population squanders most of it's most precious resources.

Yoga Korunta said...

Diva Jood, there are a few economic movements which have caused millions to die before them. Christianity is one of them.

Alicia Morgan said...

Amen, Diva!

Anonymous said...

DivaJood, you should be dragged to face some kind of a secret tribunal, in an unclosed location somewhere in the free world, for spreading this sort of a defeatist, communist propaganda!

What you should do instead is to pray for guidance and leave things to the captains of the industry whom are way more qualified to take care of the issues than any of us ever will. One should not forget either, that your president and his capable Administration have taken the solemn oath never to let any harm come your way. Ask yourself; "are you with us or against us"?

DivaJood said...

Lew, what I like about Tony's original post, which I hope you went to read, is that he believes in a marriage of art & science as the path toward sustainability. I absolutely agree. In any event, it isn't just our country that is the problem. The parasitic nature of middle class people is global.

Yoga, nice to see you.

Alicia, I hope you went over to Tony's site, too! He's an amazing photographer, and quite thoughtful.

Pekka, if I am carted away to face a secret tribunal, can I at least wear a good pair of Manolos on my feet?