Sunday, September 07, 2008

The reason I've not been around much recently



I love them both. My daughter, my granddaughter are truly amazing people. To see the world through a 3-year-old's eyes, where everything is a learning experience, has been just incredible for me. The last three weeks have been good/challenging - setting up with a new company, fighting off Napoleon and SlavesRUs (I engaged a lawyer when the schmuck tried to hack into my checking account to stop a direct deposit), two National Conventions, my daughter's strep throat, my granddaughter's gigantic personality.

We had a visit from Spartacus just before the shit hit the fan with Napoleon, so I was a bad friend and didn't get together with him again. I apologize. Truth is, my former employer was so beligerent and threatening that I was actually frightened. I've never encountered anything like this, and now he appears to be focusing his nastiness on two of my former collegues (one of whom is a friend.) When I am afraid, my resources dwindle. I become invaginated.

So Monday, I fly home. Tuesday I will get back on the campaign trail. Sorry to be scarce, but the last three weeks have been interesting.

22 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Hugs. Love. Wishes for safe travel. Battling aggression and negativity is depleting. Peace to you, Diva.

Unknown said...

Glad your trip was generally good. As far as getting to see Sparticus again, he should be use to that by now.

Life As I Know It Now said...

whoa, that does sound like a lot on your plate. good luck with everything!

Fran said...

You have had a lot going on- big, big stuff. I have been and will continue to send you my every good thought and wish dear Diva!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a safe trip home!

Dianne said...

I hate that anyone could make you feel frightened!!

Your girls are beautiful

Fran said...

It' s been quite the journey & hope you get back & settle in to a new chapter in your life.
Don't let the ex boss bastard let you down--
that's why you made him your ex boss & it just reaffirms you made a good decision.

Fly safe~

Unknown said...

I hope you find peace of mind soon Diva. Hugs to you ;)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

All three of you gals are cutie pies.

Mary Ellen said...

Safe travels, kiddo. I'm glad you had this time with daughter/granddaughter--there's nothing like the words of a child to put life into perspective. They've got the secret to utopia, the adults need to listen to them more.

Anonymous said...

Diva, no apologies necessary. I understood the situation you were in and found other ways to fill the time and enjoy the City. Thanks.

okjimm said...

Hey, good looking kids! Yuppers, I hit a spot where I have a lot of difficulty hitting a computer (outside of work)

Boy....it really irks me when life gets in the way! ;)

robin andrea said...

Hope things calm down with that belligerent ex-boss. Glad you had the time to spend with your beautiful family. Take care, divajood.

Dean Wormer said...

G'luck with all that. Sounds very lawsuitable to me.

jmsjoin said...

You obviously were a good employee and the ass hole was pissed Good and good lick! I enjoyed reading about your visit from Spartacus and I missed my dose of Beanie on Friday! She is adorable and kids that age are such a treat and a wonder to be with. You almost feel like a little kid yourself and almost guilty as you are the one benefiting!

Unknown said...

It will be good to have out and about on the blogs soon.

Thanks for sharing that great photo of your girls.

Randal Graves said...

Interesting is an interesting choice of word. Have a safe trip. And don't worry, while you were dealing with Real Life®, nothing has changed all that much: America is still dumb.

Mary Ellen said...

I hope all that rain we had in Chicago didn't cause you any flight delays. Get some rest and then we have to hit the trails, kiddo. We're running out of time to campaign!

DivaJood said...

Hi everybody. I'm home! Yay. Although I miss my little Beanie. Still, it's great to be home. Working from my living room. Got to wear my slippers all day. I feel so relaxed, and working hard, from home, is so much better!

Fran said...

Welcome back!

that little one has such a Cherub face & her momma looks like a kind soul too.

Back the wild west.... we've got news of some crazy gunslinger, polar bear hater, wars for god, oil drilling psycho on the loose from up north. Yee Haw!

susan said...

Back in time for the countdown.. I do hope you've been invited to the debates?

enigma4ever said...

Wow..what a whirlwind of life and other events...stunning...many many hugs and safe travel...